Staying fit and healthy has became necessity of our lifestyle, and for that people usually hit for health clubs and gyms. But they always face one problem, that is what to eat before workout ?? It’s always a challenge for every gym goer what should he eat so that he feel fuller and do not get exhausted in mid of workout session. Also they worry about what to eat after the workout so that he can deliver the nutrients to tired muscles and replenish them.
It is recommended, to have you stomach filled with some food that provide you with energy. So here we gonna tell you healthy options that you can opt for to gratify your hunger and keep yourself energized all the way during your workout session. These meals/foods should be taken 30-40 minutes before the workout.
Below are some of best pre workout snack to go with before hitting gym and health clubs. These foods are rich in carbohydrate, protein and fat which are necessary during workout. The proportion of each should be such that 70% carbohydrate for energy, 29% protein for lean muscles and 1% of other traces of vitamin, minerals and fats.
1) Bananas : Carbohydrate acts as a source of energy during workout and bananas are rich in carbohydrates and potassium. Bananas provide instant source of energy and potassium maintain nerves and muscles action. Take 2-3 bananas before workout (30-40 mins), alternatively you can go for banana shake. Mix 2-3 bananas in warm milk and have it. It will provide you good amount of carbohydrate and protein.
2) Fruit smoothie : Fruits are rich in vitamin, minerals, carbohydrates and high quality proteins. Fruit smoothies will be a good option for consumption before workout sessions. Enzymes easily breaks the carbohydrate present in fruits, thus providing you with instant energy.
[ALSO CHECK 3 Secret Health tips World has almost forgotten !! ]
3) Protein shake : Dietitians usually recommends protein shake as best pre-workout food. Since muscles and bones are build up of proteins, this shake will fulfill the requirement of protein in your diet. It is usually taken by athletes and body builders. And you must consult about the amount of intake of protein shake (protein powder) as it has some serious effects of kidneys.
4) Eggs with whole grain wheat : Eggs are well known for its protein content and whole-grain wheat for it carbohydrate content. Both these nutrients are essential for gym goers. So including these are must and is best meal before workout. It will maintain your strength and energy all the way long during exercises. Alternatively, you can also have a 2 hard-boiled eggs as it contains high-quality protein.
5) Oats : Oats are good in soluble fibre as well as in proteins. It’s believed to be good for lowering cholesterol and risk of heart disease. It also contain Vitamin B, which converts carbohydrate into energy. So it can also be a good option for pre-workout food.
6) Yogurt : Rich in calcium and protein, it goes well with your stomach and digestive system. Add whole grain cereals, fruits and honey for instant energy. You can also go for yogurt smoothie with some protein powder. It is one of the best pre-workout meals.
These were some best known pre-workout meals. For post-workout foods, stay tuned.